This Agreement is between you as the Key Buyer and Hyve Group company responsible for organising the Event ( “the Organiser” ) and sets out the terms upon which the Organiser will provide the hosting benefits to you.
1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
1.1 “Exhibitors” means exhibitors who have contracted with the Organiser and are taking up stand space or sponsorship at the Event.
1.2 “Key Buyer” means you and other Key Buyers who have been selected by the Organiser in the Club Platinum programme.
1.3 “Pre-Scheduled Appointment programme” means the appointment programme operated by the Organiser to co-ordinate the appointments of the Key Buyer with Exhibitors during the Exhibition.
1.4 “Pre-Scheduled Appointments” means the appointments created by the Pre-Scheduled Appointment Programme.
1.4 “Exhibition” means the exhibition named on the application form and for which you have been accepted as a Key Buyer.
1.5 “Exhibition Dates” means the dates when the Exhibition is open and as set out in the Application Form.
“Organiser” means the Hyve Group company that is responsible for organising the Exhibition.
References to “You” are to you as the Key Buyer chosen by the Organiser for the Exhibition.
2. YOUR COMMITMENTS
The Organiser will provide you with a package of benefits as are set out in a separate email to you and in the Key Buyer’s manual. In consideration of the Organiser providing these benefits to you and your receipt of these benefits you shall:
- Attend at least seven (7) Pre-Scheduled Appointments and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing attend the minimum number of scheduled appointments per day as specified by the Organiser;
- Actively engage with Exhibitors and respond to meeting requests from Exhibitors;
- Attend all networking sessions scheduled by the Organiser;
- Not operate or behave in any manner which may be objectionable to other Key Buyers or to Exhibitors.
- not at any time do or say anything, or be associated with anything, any party or any statement, which is, or which is widely reported as being, or which may be considered by the Organiser to be detrimental or prejudicial to or to adversely affect the name, image, reputation or business of any other participant or the Organiser or likely to or bring the Organiser into disrepute;
- Ensure that you have all necessary and appropriate documents for entry in to the country where the Exhibition is to be held. This includes, but is not limited to, valid passport, visa, vaccination certificates, health and personal insurance documents for the duration of the Exhibition and for any period thereafter. The Organiser, is unable to provide advice to Participants regarding entry requirements and shall not be held responsible for obtaining documentation on your behalf or for your failure to obtain these.
- Not at any time attempt to sell your products or services to an Exhibitor, Key Buyer or other participant in the Exhibition.
- To complete the Exhibition Survey.
The Organiser reserves the right to remove you from the Exhibition and to withdraw the obligation to reimburse flights and accommodation if in the Organiser’s reasonable opinion you breach your commitments as set out in (a) to (g) above (inclusive).
3. TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
3.1 Any contribution made by the Organiser to flights will be stated in the confirmation email. Such contribution shall only be paid / reimbursed by the Organiser:
(a) after you have attended the Exhibition and met all your commitments; and
(b) You have submitted valid payment receipts through the Organisers official reimbursement form.
3.2 Any costs on flights incurred by you in addition to the amount that the Organiser will pay are your responsibility and no further payments will be made whether your flight is cancelled or changed. For the avoidance of doubt, any costs of any changes to flight tickets or replacements (including any name changes to flight tickets) shall be paid by you.
3.3 Where the Organiser is paying for accommodation, it will only pay up to a maximum of £125 per day and in any event no more than £500 for your whole stay at the Exhibition. It cannot include any other costs other than for accommodation incurred by you while at the Exhibition. Any costs in addition to the maximum amount are your liability. Accommodation bookings paid for by the organiser must be made through the official booking agent nominated by the organiser for hosted accommodation.
3.4 You will be required to provide credit card details to the official booking agent and the hotel and any incidental or additional costs that were incurred by you will be charged to this card including the full cost of accommodation or cancellation fees should the you cancel, or no-show.
3.5 The Organiser is not liable for and will not pay the costs of any person accompanying you.
4. CANCELLATION & REPLACEMENTS FOR Key BuyerS
4.1 Replacements: Your invitations to the Exhibition and any benefits that you receive are non-transferable. You may at the discretion of the Organiser nominate a colleague to attend in your place. In the event that you wish to nominate a colleague you will need to contact the Organiser at the email address provided. The transfer of your benefits under these terms and conditions to your colleague will not be accepted until any such transfer has been approved and agreed with the Organiser.
4.3 Cancellation of attendance: If you need to cancel your attendance at the Exhibition you will need to provide us with written notice of your intention. You will be liable for any costs that we have already incurred relating to your attendance and which we cannot cancel and obtain reimbursement for.
4.4 Shortfall: A significant shortfall by you with respect to attending appointments and networking sessions shall be treated by the Organiser as a cancellation of attendance and you be liable for all the costs we have incurred and which we are unable to cancel and obtain reimbursement for.
4.5 No Show: If you do not inform us of the cancellation and do not attend the Exhibition we reserve the right to reject any future application made by you to attend future exhibitions.
4.6 Cancellation by Us In the event that the Exhibition is cancelled or altered by the Organiser you shall not be entitled to any compensation. We will inform you as soon as possible of any such cancellation and if there is a change in dates and you are unable to attend you may appoint an alternative colleague to attend on your behalf provided that such alternative colleague has been approved by the Organiser.
5. BENEFIT EXCLUSIONS
The Organiser takes no responsibility:
- If you miss your flight/travel arrangements including inter-connecting flights and ground transportation;
- For flight cancellation or delay;
- If you are refused permission to board the aircraft or other mode of transport or is refused entry to the country in which the Exhibition is being held;
- For any delay or loss of baggage or excess baggage charges (any subsequent dispute shall be directly between you and the airline);
- For hotel expenses (other than the cost of the accommodation where the Organiser has informed you that it will be paying this in your benefits email);
- Any replacement flights and other costs incurred;
- Any transfers, travel costs, meals and incidentals incurred to attend the event including but not limited to taxis, public transport, private cars, fuel, food and drink.
6.1Any disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
6.2 These Terms and Conditions, and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to these Terms and Conditions, the validity and performance hereof or their formation (including any non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties hereby irrevocably acknowledge and agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect hereof.
For the purposes of clauses 6.3 and 6.4 the following terms shall have the meaning give to them below:
- “Applicable Data Protection Legislation” means (a) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then (b) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act
- “GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
- “Personal Data” shall be as defined by Applicable Data Protection Legislation and where not defined, it means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person; and
- “Processing” shall be as defined by Applicable Data Protection Legislation and where not defined, means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means.
6.4 To the extent that you collect Personal Data at the Exhibition, You acknowledges that you are responsible, as data controller, for compliance with Applicable Data Protection Legislation in respect of any collection and subsequent Processing of Personal data that you collects, through electronic scanning of Identification badges or otherwise, in the course of your attendance at the Exhibition.