Calling All Experts
We want to hear from you!
Are you an expert in:
- Visual merchandising
- Digital marketing
- Business health checks
- Implementing EPOS and other retail systems
- Buying and merchandising
Our meet the experts program is growing
Over the past few years our Meet the Experts programme at Spring Fair and Autumn Fair has grown from strength-to-strength because of the incredible value these meetings create for our experts and of course, the retailers they support.
Excitingly, in February at Spring Fair 2018, the size of our Meet The Experts programme will be growing dramatically and we are keen for more experts than ever to join us. Could you be one of them?
What is a Meet the Experts session?
Very simply, it’s a short but impactful meeting between an expert and a retailer or business owner, covering a retail-based topic within the expert's area of knowledge, imparting guidance, help and advice.
The one-to-one format allows the retailer to get invaluable, targeted advice on their particular issue from an expert in the field.
Why become an expert?
- Exposure - Exposure of you or your brand to thousands of international and UK retailers
- Marketing - A listing of your ‘Meet-the-Experts’ session on our website, visited by thousands of potential clients
- Hassle-free - Meetings organised and arranged by us - you just have to show up!
- No presentation - No need to prepare a presentation in advance, just attend your sessions and give relevant advice
- Free - No cost involved
Vittoria Toffoli and Gemma Riberti, Expert Trend Forecasters, WGSN
Bobby Lane, Award-Winning Accountant, Shelley Stock Shutter
Andrew Dibben, Photography Extraordinaire
Lou Williams, Small Business Growth Expert
Grant Thornton. Chris Gardner, Head of Home & Garden, eBay UK
Angela Chen, Expert in all things China, LNP China
Katy Eady, Branding Expert and Managing Director, Wrapped Agency
Plus many more....
How the meetings work
- Retailers arrive at our Meet The Experts area at Spring Fair
- Our registration staff directs the retailer to the table at which you’re sat
- You have a 20 min discussion with the retailer on your chosen topic of expertise
- After the 20 min session you can provide the visitor with your contact details
- Your next consultation will then start
- You will have a 20 min break after every 3 meetings